Author Interview – The Online Stalker
I discovered this incredibly talented writer on Literotica, and then later on Twitter @OnlineStalker20. I had discovered Beautiful Stranger, an interracial romance, when searching for my favorite types of stories on Lit. Her stories are full of emotion and complex characters. Thankfully, I came across her work. She has kindly agreed to be interviewed for Wicked, and I’m super thrilled about it.
You can read more Author Interviews here.
- What influenced you to write your first piece? The first story I ever wrote was inspired by a breakup. I was in high school and obviously in love. Lol. I was only writing poetry at this point, but after this I was sitting at my computer and just started writing.
- What’s your favorite genre to read? My all-time favorite genre to read is suspense and horror. I’ve recently began reading romance within the past 4 or 5 years but give me a good suspense or horror novel any day.
- What’s your favorite genre to write? As of right now I’ve only written romances. I’ve tried my hand at a suspense/horror but have not finished it to my satisfaction.
- Out of all the characters you’ve created, who is your favorite? Why? My favorite character has to be Thomas from my story Beautiful Stranger. He’s spunky and outspoken. Loyal to those he loves and isn’t afraid of much.
- What do you do/how do you keep your creative muse happy? My Muse is temperamental. She will stay silent for days, even months, and then all of a sudden I’ll have dialogue playing in my head that won’t go away until I write it down.
- What was the best reader feedback you’ve ever received? I’ve gotten so many great reader feedback but the one that resonated with me was on my story Breathing. A reader commented that she while she hadn’t gone through the same thing as my main character Sonya, but that it made her cry and that she could feel what my character felt. It made me cry knowing that I had that effect on someone with just my words.
- What was the worst reader feedback you’ve ever received? My worst reader feedback that I have gotten was from someone who told me that I dragged out my stories too much and that I should just stop writing if I couldn’t get to the point.
- What are your writing goals for the next year? My writing goals for the next year are to finish at least one of my stories. I have a tendency to write sporadically which I know bothers some people and I also want to know I accomplished one of my writing goals.
- How do you develop your writing ideas? My ideas normally come to me from everywhere. Sometimes I get ideas from dreams, other times from music. I have even gotten ideas from pictures that I have seen that I thought, “That would make a great story.” My mind just latches on to what it finds interesting.
- Where do you like to write? (Starbucks, on your bed) I love to write in bed although I probably shouldn’t because then I don’t sleep until I’ve reached a point in my story that I’m happy with. And as a writer that is almost never. Something can always be fixed, which is why it takes me so long to finish a chapter.
- What are your favorite kinds of characters to write? (Villains, damsels in distress) My favorite characters to write are headstrong and stubborn with an abundance of sass and/or sarcasm. The sarcastic ones are always my favorite because they have the best comebacks.
- Do the people in your life know that you write? Do they know that you write erotica? Have you ever let them read your work? Not many people in my life know that I write erotica. They know that I write but I have never let them read anything. I’m sure if they read it they wouldn’t be surprised though.
- Do you prefer to write your stories with pen and paper, or type them out? I prefer to type them out. I have been known to write them down if there are no computers around, and sometimes I will print off what I have written so far and edit it that way instead of on the computer.
- Describe your ideal writing space. My ideal writing space is a dark room with my headphones in listening to music. Sometimes the TV will be on in the background.
Check out her blog, The Online Stalker Diaries.