List of Blog Topics for Authors
As a writer, it can be difficult to find things to blog about. I struggle with trying to find out what people want to read, and what will help me with my writing. So, when looking for a list of things for authors to blog about, I found some really great topics. I wanted to share some of the things I found with you, as well as a few of my own topics. Eventually, I would like to get to 50.
Keep in mind, these don’t have to just be posts on your blog, you can post these anywhere. They each make for great Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr topics and posts.
Are there any you think I should add?
Blog Topics for Authors
- List and discuss favorite books, book covers, characters, authors
- Where do you get your ideas?
- Do you write with music?
- Book Reviews
- Show edited vs. unedited pages from your work
- How do you stay involved?
- Are you an outliner or a set-of-your-pants writer?
- Keeping things organized
- Where do you characters come from?
- Mission as a writer? What do you hope readers will take away?
- Writing giveaway – bookmarks, pens, writers box
- Talk about show from a writer’s perspective
- Writer fashion – what do you like to wear when writing?
- Talk about the setting. Is it real?
- Top 5 heroes and heroines
- Do you do research for your writing? What interesting things have you discovered?
- Favorite industry blogs
- Your process for brainstorming
- Myths about writers
- Character names
- Developing a thick skin
- Why you write in a particular category/genre
- Choosing a setting
- Choosing a title
- Adding depth to your writing
- Blog design
- Favorite stationary to use when writing
- Favorite writing programs
- Excerpts from your book
- Back story of your work – what inspired you to write it?
- Interview with your editor
- Do you use beta readers? What has been your experience
- Character interviews
- Interview with marketers
- Interviews with reader
- Advice for other writers
- Common obstacles
- Self interview
- Emotional challenges
- Lessons learned
- Show deleted scenes
Now that you’ve got things to blog about, make sure that you keep to a writing schedule so that your blog posts are consistent and your site is updated on a regular basis. Check out the Wicked With Ink Weekly Writing Planner.