I decided to start a 30 Day Writing Challenge, you can track my progress here. Truth is, it’s hard to make sure that you are truly setting time aside each day to write. But, I love it, and I love making lists and I thought, what better way to get over the dreaded writer’s block, than starting a Writing Challenge of your own. I’m not saying that you need to commit to a full 30 Day Writing Challenge, but why not pick and choose what you want to write about?
Start a Writing Challenge
The first step to Start a Writing Challenge, is to find something to write about. Here, I have gathered several topics for you to write about. Just pick one and get started! Go in order, or don’t, it really doesn’t matter. Just keep writing! You can check out the image for the challenge here.
- Write a sentence that takes place immediately after a tragedy without mentioning the tragedy itself. This can be a great way to start a new work in progress.
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Why and when did you start blogging or writing?
- Write a letter to your younger self.
- Are you jealous of another writer? Who?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be? You can’t wish for more wishes.
- There is a man in a room with no windows and only one door. He is dead. The door was locked from the inside and there are no obvious signs of forced entry. What happened?
- When you were little, what was your dream job?
- What is your favorite season?
- If you had one super power, what would it be? Why?
- Have you ever been in love? Have you been in love more than once? Tell us about it.
- What is your favorite movie? Who is your favorite actor?
- You know the notorious author threat? “I’m going to write you into my book and kill you. How would this person die?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What are your hobbies?
- If you won the lottery, what would you buy? Where would you go? How would you spend every last cent?
- What are your goals for the next year? How will you accomplish them?
- Where is your favorite place to travel? Where would you like to travel if given the chance?
- Talk about someone that drives you crazy.
- Talk about someone that inspires you.
- What’s your sign?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Do you have any tattoos? What are they? What do they mean?
- If you could ask your future self one thing, what would it be?
- Have you ever seriously considered killing someone?
- What is the most difficult thing you have ever written?
- What are your flaws as a writer, and as a person?
- What do you think is the worst way to die?
- Have you ever written naked?
- What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? What did you like about it?
- Who is your favorite character that you’ve created or read?
- What scares the hell out of you?
- Have you ever been in trouble with the police?
- What is the most blatant lie you have ever told?
- You’re done!! Celebrate by writing a post on how awful this was.
Was it that bad? Have something I should add? Let me know. If you’ve started your own challenge, leave the link below so I can check it out.