Write It Out – Inspiration: Be Grateful
Finding the urge and inspiration to write can often come from looking within. Here are some questions to get you out of your writing rut, and get you thinking.
- What are you grateful for?
- Why are you grateful for it?
- What would you do without it?
- Who are you as a person?
- What are the major events/traumas/triumphs that have shaped the person you are today?
- Who do you want to be?
- Where are you in life right now? Are you in a good space? Are you struggling?
Use these questions to release tension that can be holding your writing back. Its said we write what we know – you’re the only person that knows you the best, so write about it. Don’t think about the answers too much, just write what you feel. If you’re feeling ambitious, try extending these questions to your characters and see where it takes you.